Thailand FAQ

Do I need a visa for Thailand?

For most countries, you can get a visa-on-entry which is valid for 30 days.  If you wish to stay longer, you can extend this visa by another 30 days by visiting a local immigration office, and paying 1900 baht (plus often half a day of your time).

If you want to stay longer, you can apply from your home country and get a 60 day tourist visa.  This can then be extended for another 30 days (with ditto time & money involved as above).

Please note, your passport must be valid for 6 months AFTER your overseas travel is completed.

Happy Hours onboard – SE Asia

The crewed yachts on our site have a very relaxed drinks policy. A few even throw in a starter Happy Hour on the first night, to get everyone thoroughly into Holiday Mode! After that, you are welcome to BYO drink onboard, or else buy supplies from the boat.

A few boats have “honesty bars”; with others, you can order your favourite tipple in advance, and if it’s available – it will be waiting for you onboard. The price of drinks purchased onboard is NOT “loaded”, as with some boats where your wonderfully relaxed holiday ends with a sour note at an unexpectedy huge bar bill!

It’s our No Surprises policy; we want you to eat, drink and be merry without worrying what the final “damage” will be!

Is there wifi available (Thailand) ?

Thailand is very advanced in it’s adoption of mobile technology. Around our usual itinerary – even the very small islands – there is wifi coverage in 95% of places. It’s super-easy to buy a local SIM package when you arrive at the airport (either Bangkok or Phuket); there are little booths there with very efficient, smiling staff to get you connected to the local network in a jiffy! (A very cheap jiffy too).

The other option is to check with your home service provider and see if they offer an international roaming package. This can have the advantage that you keep your own phone number, no need to swap SIM cards for a local one.

Ashore – just about everyone and their monkey have wifi in bars, restaurants, etc! Speeds are usually pretty reasonable too.